Wednesday, September 13, 2006

"I Can Read The Pain In Your Eyes"

I learned "Picking Up The Pieces" by Go It Alone on the guitar the last couple days, i dont think ive ever been this stoked on learning one song. i had been listening to it for probably close to 18 months and i love the guitar in it, its fairly simple, but its the little things that count. If you've heard this song you know what im talking about, if you haven't you should really go check out Go It Alone's Vancouver Gold E.P. Take the innovation of Reserve 34 and add more intensity and really raw heartfelt vocals. And if you havent heard Reserve 34 do so, it's worth it.

I've been really getting into the Allegiance full length "Overlooked" it was released last summer on Rivalry i think. This song is one of my favorite off of that album, i can really relate to it

"Don't Tell Me"
I never thought it would've been you - Standing out in the cold - Just to get away from yourself - Hide the truth behind a lying smile - Remember when you were fucking strong? - You'll live to see another day - And outstretched arm and I'll grab hold - Seems like every time I get close - You shut your eyes - And back away - I know you better than this - I scream do not let it back in - Don't tell me you're fine - I can read the pain in your eyes

No comments: