Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Urgency

I've been reading a really good book lately. Dealing with issues of the heart. While i was reading tonight something hit me and i felt inspired to write something, i would like it to be a song, but we'll see. I've been listening to alot of have heart lately so i guess you could say the overall attitude of the song is have heart inspired aswell as being inspired by the book im reading.

"Strength"
I need the strength to resist
Everything inside of me
That will try and bring me down
I need the strength to break myself apart
And expose every scar and every seething wound
That has been buried deep inside my heart

I’m screaming out, I’m asking myself
And anyone who will listen
Where do I find my strength?

I have been stabbing myself in the back for too long
I’ve been spitting lies about my life, about my heart
For too long!

And now the time has come to swallow all of my pride
To lay to rest
Everything Inside of me that strives to fit into this world

I’ve realized true strength
Comes from the truth inside of my heart
I needed to see myself for who I really am
And not for what this world would have me think I am

I’m learning what it feels like to be free
What it means to hear the voice of truth inside of me
Screaming “I’m taking back control, I’m taking back control”

4 comments:

GI Kate said...

not bad, canada!

p.s. where have you been hiding?

Teja said...

Another great one from you ;).

Keep up the good work!

Teja said...

Oh yes, and happy birthday, although I'm VERY VERY late! *blush*

Tyler said...

haha thanks.... 2 months thats not that late.. you beat some other people to it.